[isabelle-dev] Towards the release
makarius at sketis.net
Wed Jan 20 20:34:39 CET 2016
We are now past the fork point for the Isabelle2016 release. One informal
and one formal release candidate have already been published; more will be
Here is a summary of the status of the Isabelle development process:
* https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-release/ is where the
final release preparations happen before roll-out in a few weeks.
The starting point is
* http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle is back in post-release
mode right now (changeset 5fb86150a579). Anything pushed there is
for the next release after Isabelle2016.
* AFP needs to be understood wrt. isabelle-release at the moment.
Gerwin needs to say when and how a fork of afp-devel vs. afp-2016
* isatest continues testing isabelle-release
* isabelle-users is the place to discuss Isabelle2016-RC versions
* isabelle-dev is the place to discuss ongoing post-release development
The isabelle-release repository has no public push access. Any changes
that are relevant for the release need to be sent to me via email
(produced by "hg export" or "hg bundle"). Changesets need to be prepared
from a current state of isabelle-release, not the ongoing post-release
development, and applied to only one of the two repository branches.
Changes to the actual code base should be limited to really important things.
During the forked state of the two repositories, big upheaveals on the
isabelle repository should be avoided, so that the isabelle-release branch
can be merged back cleanly after several weeks; but it is better to
publish changes now than to stockpile them for a long time.
More information about the isabelle-dev