[isabelle-dev] Towards the release
makarius at sketis.net
Tue Nov 1 01:45:30 CET 2016
We are now definitely past the fork point for the Isabelle2016-1 release.
One informal and one formal release candidate have already been
published; some more will be coming soon.
Here is a summary of the status of the Isabelle development process:
* https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-release/ is where
the final release preparations happen before roll-out in a few
The starting point is
* http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle is back in post-release
mode right now (changeset 2bafda87b524). Anything pushed there
is for the next release after Isabelle2016-1.
* AFP needs to be understood wrt. isabelle-release at the moment.
Gerwin will explain when and how a fork of afp-devel (presently
at 022d752f6426) vs. afp-2016-1 happens.
* http://isabelle.in.tum.de/devel follows the isabelle-release
repository -- I plan to make a bit more generated website content
* isabelle-users is the place to discuss Isabelle2016-1-RC versions.
* isabelle-dev is the place to discuss ongoing post-release
The isabelle-release repository has no public push access. Any changes
that are relevant for the release need to be sent to me via email
(produced by "hg export" or "hg bundle"). Changesets need to be
prepared from a current state of isabelle-release, not the ongoing
post-release development, and applied to only one of the two repository
Changes to the actual code base should be limited to really important
During the forked state of the two repositories, big upheaveals on the
isabelle repository should be avoided, so that the isabelle-release
branch can be merged back cleanly after several weeks; but it is
better to publish changes now than to stockpile them for a long time.
More information about the isabelle-dev