[isabelle-dev] Isabelle2019 release fork point
makarius at sketis.net
Sat May 11 19:44:35 CEST 2019
We are now past the fork point for the Isabelle2019 release. This is a
summary of the status of the Isabelle development process:
* https://isabelle.sketis.net/repos/isabelle-release is where
the finalization of the release happens, before roll-out in
the first half of June 2019. The starting point is changeset
* https://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle is already back
in post-release mode (changeset a8238fd25541). Anything
pushed to the isabelle-dev repository is for the next
release after Isabelle2019.
* AFP (presently at 2170a6647f04) needs to be understood wrt.
isabelle-release at the moment. Gerwin will explain when and
how the fork of afp-devel vs. afp-2019 happens (presumably
within the next few days). Only after the AFP fork, both
lines of development are fully independent.
* https://isabelle.sketis.net/devel with the automated
testing and snapshot service follows the isabelle-dev
repository. There is no automated testing for the
isabelle-release repository (this limits further changes
to really important things).
* The isabelle-release repository has no public push access.
Any changes that are relevant for the release need to be
sent to me via email (produced by "hg export" or "hg
bundle"). Changesets need to be prepared from a current
state of isabelle-release, not the ongoing post-release
development, and applied to only one of the two repository
* isabelle-users is the place to discuss Isabelle2019-RC
* isabelle-dev is the place to discuss ongoing post-release
More information about the isabelle-dev